Monday, April 27, 2009

To my Tulsa friends,
Remember the 'head vases' that I had in my bookcase. The population gradually expanded. I named each one for the person that gifted them to me and a few I bought myself. I have Brenda and Susan from my Springer friends.

The are in a row above the glass window in the bathroom. They greet me daily. Each is unique. Added to the prime and proper group is Carmen Miranda that sang the banana song in the 50's. My daughter-in-law took it from her mother's house for me.

"Yes, we have no bananas!" By the way, that could happen. In my studies I have learned about a fungus that wiped out one variety of banana. (All our bananas come from Central and South America.) Another banana disease is coming from east to west and may eventually wipe out the Cavendish banana.

I could tell you about coffee or the lies on the food packaging, but I'll keep that to myself for now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I remember the head vases. I kept one that always reminds me of you and like you, I see it every day!
    I took a nutrition class several years ago and because of it I can never eat sushi again. I too will keep my expanded knowledge on food to myself so as not to worry people!

    ReplyDelete