Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Return to UCA

It feels comfortable walking back into Thompson Hall. This is the building of Creative Writing classes. I like the professors. They all seem inspired to teach me something new. The Doctor of Rhetoric is a deep thinker and I'm trying to follow. Maybe I need to work on the depth thing. My New Tech class still threatens me but I am determined to make it through.

Yes, the parking lots are full. That's no different than last year. The most noticeable change is the size of the students. There is a greater number of grossly obese young folks. This is unexpected in this environment. How are they going to make it if they can't fit into the desk? I see them taking the elevator instead of the stairs. To save their lives can't the school require them to be in special nutritional classes or get a fitness exam? Our society has an abundance of self destructive folks.

Makes you want to herd them all into a camp for a few weeks and make them walk until they can run!

No comments:

Post a Comment