Friday, May 14, 2010

Moving Feast

Today I harvested my fresh produce--well it was the lettuce that I planted in my flower bed. It was a nice lacy green leafed version. Washed it a few times and put it together with some boiled eggs, tuna and black beans before adding lots of dressing. To my surprize about half way through lunch, the lettuce began to move about. Hiding under that good lettuce was a baby slug. His tentacles that protrude like antenna ears were not prominent so I know he wasn't well developed. He did manage to make the rest of the salad very unappetizing and suspicious even though Dean pointed out that in some parts of the world, this would be considered valuable protein.

I don't mind worms and slugs, I just don't want them on my plate.

I turned 67 this week so I really am two thirds of a century old. That's something to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment